You got a problem, yo I'll solve it....

I was presented with a problem: a clutter and a TV/DVD setup that was hard to access. I came up with this new design as a solution. This is the first build I have done where the wood and glass are inset into square tubing versus lying on top. The top level of each shelf is totally flush with the metal frame that supports it.


Three's Company...

In need of a Keyboard case? This one went from trash to treasure. After checking out the store-bought options, this Frankenstein case seemed to be the best route. I found a discarded Peavey bass case and used a Dremel Rotozip to cut away the old foam, form fit for a bass guitar, to now fit the keyboard. I then lined the inside with fabric from Ikea's end-cut bin. Upon first use, the handle broke, so I fixed that too! When I had found it the brass/bolt configuration was already in play, but now it has a glue/tape job on the other side of the handle, and a peg/glue/staple job for the middle of the handle.

I was fortunate to take the course Textiles and Beyond taught by the Icelandic textile-genius, Hildur Bjarnadóttir. We learned all about working in wool and now, 8 years later, I had a relapse. I bought some felting needles and went to town mixing the raw wool fiber into a prefabbed army/navy store black wool scarf.

The patina on the TV stand built last year gave a great rusted finish, but it kept going, and it kept rusting and rusting. I went to its home in Carroll Gardens and CLR'ed it and then put a fresh coat of paste wax on top. The finish looks great, and has not rusted at all in months... fingers crossed.