The Base




Here is the base of the fountain tack-welded together. In the bottom right of the photo you can faintly see the chalk lines I drew to get the angles right. On my last tack I ran out of welding wire, but got as far as I had planned to that day, so celebrated by seeing the new Indiana Jones movie. I totally enjoyed it, with the gross science/physics flaws and all, in keeping with all the previous movies.

The other photo is of all the "capitals" of the columns before I welded them in place... I didn't remember that term from Art History, I had to look it up. These capitals might be Doric?!? Possibly Ne0-Doric because I assembled them yesterday!?! In any event, the Yankees won a game!

 

3 comments:

Unknown said... May 23, 2008 at 1:37 PM  

Yankees Suck

ari j said... May 23, 2008 at 3:30 PM  

Neal, is that you? I couldn't hear you behind the 26 world series trophies in front of me. DONNY FUCKING BASEBALL FOR LIFE.

Unknown said... May 23, 2008 at 6:49 PM  

Hey now, people who had seizures were once looked upon as prophetic. So, with all the flopping around I've been doing lately, you can look upon my statment as enlightened.

Post a Comment